Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Home Again!

We're home again and settling in.  (I haven't taken any new pictures, so here's an old one from the hospital.)   David seems very happy to be home and the rest of the kids were happy to have us back, too.  We had just one prescription glitch - that I'm still trying to sort out - but other than that it was a very smooth transition home. 

I'm going to take David for lab work today and Friday.  If all goes well, they will remove the PICC line on Friday at a clinic visit.  It's supposed to be very easy, and I look forward to not having the PICC line to worry about.

I did get to talk to the doctor one more time before we left the hospital and he told me he was very pleased with how David's lab results looked.  At this point we know the medicine is safe for David to take.   In 4-6 months they'll do another set of x-rays and see how his bones look.  The doctor predicts, based on the current lab work, that David's bones will actually be stronger in 6 months.  That would be GOOD news!

No comments: