Wednesday, August 29, 2007

What did I do before crochet?



I was thinking the other day about how much I'm enjoying crocheting, and how therapeutic it is for me. Throughout my life I think I've always done crafts of some sort... cross-stitch, crochet, newsletter writing/arranging, etc. There was even a quilt I started and my mom finished for me, at my request - after it sat cut out in my closet for years! Anyway, I was wondering to myself what I'd been doing for the past few years, and how I could have survived without crochet ;)
Then I remembered H's hair! I looked up a few pictures from this year, but I have even more, going back. The pictures really don't even do them justice. The one to the left here has a zig zag par that looked SOOOO cool. Anyway, I realized that braiding and styling her hair is really a craft for me, one I love and enjoy! So I had to show off some pictures.

3 comments:

momma helen said...

You are a really rockin' mom! I know lots of other moms who don't have the patience to deal with their squrimy kids long enough to do the braiding. And not only do you do it, but you do it with gusto and flair!

When I worked for American Century, I got $80 haircuts and called them "art on my head." You've got the same understanding with H, and she's going to really benefit from it!

Myopic said...

Truly amazing C! My kids barely get their hair brushed. None the less an art exhibit! H is a lucky girl! The braids are beautiful!

C said...

Thanks, guys! It's really a trade off. It takes a long time to do... this one was ~7 hours, spread over 3 days, but it's worth it, because it will stay in for a couple weeks. And I love the way she smiles when she looks at herself. :)

I'm going out of town for a week, so this way no one will have to mess with it while I'm gone!