Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Happy Mental Healthday!

I am 34 today! And in a very good mood, because yesterday I took a mental health day!

I picked up N to babysit in the morning. (She's our former foster daughter.) She babysat all day, and I took the kids out one by one to do some last minute school shopping. New clothes for the first day of school, new gym shoes, school supplies, etc. Even some flip flops on summer clearance. :) If I had tried to do a group shop, I know we would have all been frustrated, tired, and cranky. One on one, we had a GREAT time! I really enjoyed spending time with each kiddo, and I know they enjoyed it, too! :)

Then I left all the kids at home, ran some errands, got a haircut, and bought some yarn. :) Half the fun is wandering through the store checking out all the different yarns.

To top off a wonderful day, ALL of our cars are finally working again. This weekend we had four cars needing repairs in one way or another. Ugh. So we're close to having John's old car in selling condition. His new car has working A/C again. The window on Tony's car has been shut, and the switch disconnected so it can't be lowered ever again! :) And the van arrived home with a new transmission. Whew!

All is well. Mental health days aren't free, but they are priceless!

1 comment:

momma helen said...

MMMM. Mental health days, yes.

Your old van is still doing great by us. Shawn is thinking we may have to replace it next summer, but it's hanging in there like a champ. It's been such a blessing.

Happy Birthday!!