Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Surprise! Happy Birthday!

So, we were enjoying our frozen custard desserts (my choice of "birthday cake") when the presents came out. J and T brought out very similar gift bags. H brought me one of her favorite stuffed animals. :) I hugged that and dug into the bags. J and the kiddos got me a Wii game! Big Brain academy.

"Oh, it looks like J and I should have talked, " T says.

I pull a Wii game shaped package out of T'sbag. I unwrap an empty Wii game case. Inside... plane tickets to go see my family in Wisconsin.... leaving September 1.... returning September 9!!! I started to cry, which freaked the kids out, but I assured them it was happy tears.

I want so much to see and hug my sister. And bonus that I can lend a hand while I'm there, plus see all the other relatives!!! And T's mom will be here to help him with the kids for the week+ that I am gone. T set everything up, with his parents and mine. I didn't suspect a thing.

I just can't believe this. I am soooo excited. :) Plus there will be lots of time to crochet on the plane, at the airport, in the evenings... :)

1 comment:

momma helen said...

WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!!
How fantastic! What an amazing gift! I'm so happy you get to go spend time with your sister and her family and that you can really be present for her and not have to be pulled in 8 directions by kids!