Monday, August 27, 2007

5 things

5 things that have helped you on your spiritual journey. I am lifting this post off my friend Helen's blog http://god-parenting.blogspot.com/

Here are T's responses, below (he's home for lunch) and I'll post mine after I get G off to school. We had a great lunch conversation about this!

1. Book - Disappointment with God by Philip Yancey. This book provided a completely different view of God and our relationship with God than I had seen before. Through time God trying to "parent" his people and learning (though that's just a description, I don't really think of God as learning in the human sense) how to parent.

2. Music - the album "A Collision" by the David Crowder Band.

3. Art - "Christ of Saint John of the Cross" by Salvador Dali. I saw this on exhibit at the St. Mungo Museum of Religious Life and Art in Glasgow, Scotland. Am immense painting when seen in person, it's at the Kelvingrove ARt museum in Glasgow now.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christ_of_St._John_of_the_Cross

4. Film - Unbreakable (starring Bruce Willis, directed by M. Night Shyamalan) - when viewed through a spritual lens this shows the concept that each of us is gifted and has the ability to use the gifts if we choose.

5. Unusual Engagement with Pop Culture - hearing the songs of Linkin' Park I'm struck by the sense of urgency for belonging, the cry out from 'pop' culture for something more. I was surprised by that.

No comments: