Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I'm a Bag Lady!

After making some hats, I decided to try a bag. I messed up on the kind of yarn I bought, but I think it worked out very well! It's about twice as big as it was supposed to be, and it didn't have a handle before, so I made one up! And what's it for? (T asked) well, for carrying yarn, of course!

G is starting dance class in a couple weeks, and she needs to take ballet and tap shoes each week, so I crocheted a bag for her - just made up the pattern, using some fun yarn. Of course, then H wanted a bag. I made a purse for her, as she loves purses. I thought they both turned out really cute. :)
Now I'm working on a hat for J - Christmas present. But again having issues with the yarn. Why can't I just follow the pattern and buy what it asks for? (I suppose because they didn't have cool yarn in sportweight!) J insists that his hat be soft, but not fluffy in anyway, so I'm doing my best. It sure is hard to hold back from the fuzzy yarns, though! :)
In our church bulletin I saw that they were looking for crocheters to help make some hats and afghans to donate. I called and signed up. T is afraid I'm going to make him a briefcase or something and expect him to use it. :) I'm glad I can harness my crafting urges for good!

No comments: