Friday, August 3, 2007

Vacation


Here is my try at posting a picture. We recently took a 2 week vacation. We spent one day and two nights in Chicago.
Highlights included the Field Museum and Shedd Aquarium, as well as successful dining experiences at a few different restaurants! Especially impressive was that we all enjoyed the Thai restaurant, even though it was the first time for any of the kids to eat Thai, and they did NOT serve chicken nuggets! :)
Lowlights were 3 significant PTSD episodes for H. :( Once we were even approached by a security guard concerned to see my dragging H out of the museum! That had my heart racing, but we did ok, and chasing seagulls on the museum lawn helped H to calm down.
This picture shows us "shunken" to the size of an ant in an underground portion of the museum. I am leaning my hand on a worm. G really thought she WAS shrunk, and was uncomfortable until I explained it to her. H was freaked out by the bugs, but still enjoyed herself, holding firmly to an adult's hand! J was pleasantly surprised that he enjoyed it, too!

1 comment:

momma helen said...

You posted a photo like a pro!

I'm so glad that you now know your kiddos like Thai. MMMM. If only you could e-mail me some Thai Place!!!