Friday, August 10, 2007

My Hats


As a way to feel like I was helping, I dug out my crochet stuff to work on a hat for my niece with leukemia. Her hair is falling out, and I wanted to do something. I picked up a few different kinds of soft yarn, just to try different textures. I found a basic hat pattern and kind of followed it. :) Here are my results:





I love the way these different yarns worked up! The hot pink with the scarf below is my favorite. I almost threw it out, but then started decreasing and all was saved as it became the wig type cap it was meant to be (and not the bucket I thought I'd shape it into!)






I know the formatting is pretty awful here, but you have all the pictures anyway! I just wanted to share my creations. I'm working on a couple of "boy" hats next (boy colors of the hot pink fuzzy one) and then a scarf to match the multicolored purple one.






No comments: