Friday, August 10, 2007

Back from Vacation

We are back from an activity filled vacation in Indiana with T's parents. We went to Holiday World (think Six Flags and a water park rolled into one), we went to the local pool, the Children's Museum of Evansville, met with both of T's brothers, and one of T's college buddies. The kids walked with Grandpa, Grandma and Dad each morning, despite near triple digit temps. All that, and we were only there for 5 days - and two of those were travel days!

I got a lot of crochet done in the van there and back. (7 hours travel time). I did a hat for H and one for G, plus a scarf/facewarmer for G. I'm ready to do one for me now! :)

H had episodes/tantrums daily while we were there. It's so exhausting, yet I really feel for her. *sigh* I know she is worrying a lot about being abandoned again, especially what will happen to her if we die. I'm not really sure how to help her, but I'm looking forward to having our therapists' help!

Today I'm meeting our new foster care worker. We have had the same worker supporting us and our home (and all the paperwork that goes with it!) for the past 5 years. She was wonderful, and I just can't imagine any way that our new worker will measure up! But at the same time I'm nervous to meet her. I don't know what to expect, and I hope that she's understanding of what we go through with H. I spent the last hour doing some last minute cleaning, and I'm feeling better now. I can be very productive when I need to be!

No comments: