Sunday, January 22, 2012

Medicine makes me sleepy

So, it looks like increasing David's seizure meds may have slowed down his return to consciousness. He is coughing and taking some breaths on his own around the breathing tube, but he's not responsive yet.

I had a great evening with the older kids. We didn't take them in to see David because we think it would worry them too much. I ate with them in the cafeteria, though. We played some Pokemon there and then walked to some of the cool spots in the hospital. It was so nice to see them again!

Tomorrow will bring more trying to wake up, and a new neurologist on rotation. The good news is that it's David's neurologist, so he knows David well and has been directing things behind the scenes. I'm curious to see if HE will train me toread the EEG, but I'm guessing he'll be vague and avoiding like today's neuro was. (I mean, that's probably the right call, because a little information is a dangerous thing, but that doesn't mean I don't want it! Don't force me to get a google degree in EEG reading!)

No comments: