Friday, February 1, 2008

Quick Update

First of all - my camera is somehow NOT downloading pictures to my computer, so I can't show you the progress I've made on my blue afghan. Unfortunately, it's almost done. I say unfortunately, because I'm running out of the varigated yarn, and it's much too expensive (try $7/skein - don't worry, I got mine much cheaper on EBay!) to buy more. :( So, I'm going to have it be a lap afghan, and it *does* look cool. I have just a couple more rounds to go and I'll be done.

In the mean time, I've started up on my very first crochet project - an afghan made of sunflower squares - that I started... hmmm, maybe 10 years ago? Probably more than that. Mom, can you check the 10 year cross stitch project you have hanging up? I remember I started the afghan after I finished the cross stitch, so the date on the cross stitch will show when I started.... anyway, I've decided to finish it, and I'm a much faster crocheter now, and it's already half done. And I still REALLY like the pattern. So I'll post a picture of my work in progress when I get the camera issue figured out!

While you're waiting for my pictures, you can check this link out: http://whatnottocrochet.wordpress.com/2008/01/12/tampon-cozies/
I can't believe someone crochets something like this, but at the same time... hmmm, I wonder if I could do it??? Ha-ha! Back to my afghans!

No comments: