Thursday, February 21, 2008

We're HOME

After spending three days and two nights at the hospital, I brought home our new foster son, D. He came along with some home nursing care. This is very nice, but it has been wierd to get used to another person in my home. Especially since their job is to take care of D, which is what *I* want to do, and I can do. I get to decide how much help I want, but everyone encouraged me to do a lot in the first couple of weeks. We'll see how that all pans out.

Things I have learned in the past week:
-how to feed through a g-tube
-how to operate a sleep apnea monitor
-how to deliver medication through a g-tube and an IV

Things I have remembered in the past week:
-having a baby in the house is fun
-having a baby in the house means you get less sleep and more laundry

Well, I'd better stop here! I'll try to update soon.

No comments: