Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Finished Projects Photos

I saw a picture of an afghan that was rainbow colors, but where the yarn blended from one color to another. I had the idea of doing this with different types of yarn. When Hobby Lobby had a great yarn sale I picked up many different kinds of yarn for 99c/skein! This afghan is the result. Overall it's very soft and fun. To do it again, I would use all the same type of yarn, just in different colors. Some of my yarn was heavier (like hte yellow and blue) and totally overwhelmed the colors beside them. Also, you can't tell from this picture, but the edges are very uneven because of the different weights of yarn. It only makes sense that 60 stitches of a thinner yarn are not the same as 60 stitches of a heavier yarn... live and learn. However, I am lucky to have a 5 year old who loves rainbows and won't even notice the uneven edges. :) I think I'll tuck it into the closet and bring it out at a later date as a surprise.


Check out this poncho! I'm going to brag and tell you that I didn't even use a pattern! I just looked at a store-bought poncho in H's closet for size. It's hard to see from this picture, but it even has a hood! I'm very proud of this one. G seems to like it, too, though she told me this morning that it wasn't good for sleeping in with no shirt under it! :)


This is NOT the finished product. I thought I'd taken a final picture of it, but I guess not. This is the blue afghan back on Jan 26. Now that my photos are downloading I'll take a picture of the finished product and post it soon.

Now... next... hmm....

No comments: