Tuesday, January 8, 2008

We made it!

Well, we're back from Wisconsin, and we made it just fine. Actually, it was much better than fine! The kids were extremely well behaved in the van and at my mom's. They had their typical high energy, but that was no surprise. I think we all had a great time! We went sledding almost every day we were there. We spent time with my sister and her kids as well as my grandparents. On our final day my parents had a birthday party for my grandma, with lots of extended family attending. I was worried it would be overwhelming, but it wasn't. It was actually very fun to see my kids playing with my cousins' kids, just like I'd played with my cousins. And now school is back in session and our wonderful routine! Hooray!

I did some crafting over break. I still need to take pictures of the mittens and scarf I made. I got some flannel from my sister. It used to be a changing table cover, so it is well washed and very soft. I cut it into some pajama pants for Z, who often feels left out because the girls seem to get more homemade crafts than him. I used a pair of pj pants that fit him to cut the new ones, and had them sewed up between the time I put G to bed and the time I put Z to bed. So he got to wear his new pants, but I didn't get a picture. He declared them "so soft I almost can't feel them!" and made my day. I'll get some pictures taken soon.

Right now I need to get going. Our school district has one day a month where they let the kids out of school a couple hours early so the teachers have grading/inservice time. It doesn't sound like a big deal, but it's a major routine-buster! :) Luckily, we have our neighbor boy visiting after school today, and that will bring us to an even number of kids!

No comments: