Sunday, October 17, 2010

Day 5 - The Top is Done

Hassani was busy at soccer today, and let's face it, that means I had time to sew.  I got the blocks pieced together.  You can see it in the picture above, along with the possible border materials.  That's right, I changed my mind.  Once I had it pieced together and held the leaves material next to it, I decided that the combo would be way to busy.  Since I'm trying hard to avoid the "Autumn Threw Up" feel with this quilt, I did a quick rearrange and recalculate.  The excel spreadsheet I'd used to plan the orginal pattern came in very handy.  I used to see what sizes of borders I could make with the existing material. I considered a couple differnt combos and settled on a near-solid-red border on the inside:

Then next border is made of the red patterned material.  I got it cut and sewed on, but ran out of time before I could iron and take a picture.  So, the quilt top is done - picture coming soon.  I also cut and ironed the binding, which is the same near-solid-red material.  Next up, the quilt back.  It will either be all all leaves, or perhaps leaves with a strip of colors from the front.  So many possibilities!

However, there's a competing project on the horizon... Gladys' room is up to be painted this week and may interrupt the quilt for a few days.

No comments: