Thursday, October 8, 2009

Wednesday Night & Thursday Day Quilting


So here I am on Wednesday night hand tieing the quilt. Except when I was done with it I didn't like it. And it bothered me. And the back was very crooked to the front. And I was going to have to do a LOT of trimming to make it work. And I didn't like it. And that bothered me. I felt like I ruined my quilt.
So I got the kids off to school this morning and came home and looked at the quilt. Then I did some testing with some scraps and tried machine quilting. It looked like my machine and I would be able to handle it, so I carefully cut out all the ties I'd done. And I carefully repositioned the top, batting, and back. I carefully pinned. And I even more carefully machine quilted. And the front looks GREAT!


And the back... well, it doesn't look too bad in this picture.

There are a couple of puckers. But the big deal is that the back is shifted from the front. I'm not sure how that happened. But now I understand why every other quilt I've seen has a solid back. I'll post finished pictures when I'm done. I'm hoping to trim and bind tonight!

No comments: