Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Busy Monday & Tuesday Quilting


I was excited to have my sewing machine back on Monday, but ended up having a very busy day full of everything BUT sewing. I got a few strips sewn together and then finished the strips Tuesday morning.
Much to my frustration, when I measured closely, the strips varied from 6 1/4" to 6 1/2". Ugh. They were supposed to be 6 1/2. The majority of the places I measured the strips they were 6 3/8". So I was supposed to cut 6 1/2" squares and I changed that to 6 3/8" squares. It's all pieced squares, so I should be able to get away with that. My plan is to make 4 square blocks and measure again and see where I'm at.

This bottom picture is the squares all cut, and some of them laid out in the pattern of the quilt. I'm going to go tuck Gladys in and do some more sewing. Tony got a new guitar and is really wanting to play it, so I'm excused from being social for the night. :)

No comments: