Friday, October 2, 2009

A Quilt Story













Many, many years ago I started a simple quilt and never did finish it. I asked my mom to finish it for a birthday, which she did, of course. (And she did a wonderful job, too.) Anyway, I pretty much thought that was the end of my quilting career.








Then my mom and my aunt came down and I took them to some quilt shops. Picked out material for another quilt I want my mom to make for me. :) And I kind of got the quilting bug. So I made a couple of pillows.




And I really liked it! So quilting, in small doses at least, has proven to be very fun.







Then I remembered the school carnival coming up. And I decided... hey, wouldn't it be great to donate a fabulous quilt for them to give away? So yesterday I rushed around after Jazzercise to squeeze in a quick trip to JoAnn Fabrics before I picked Zeke up from school. I got the material then, and ended up going back with David in the afternoon and picking up a rotary cutter kit (with my 40% off coupon, thank you very much!). So I'm all set and hoping to get all my cutting done today!

(I don't understand the spacing issues going on, so my appologies for the funky layout today!)


















No comments: