Monday, September 15, 2008

Hickman Problems

So here's a picture of hickman #2. I noticed some pus by the stiches and several small blisters around the hickman site, so I made calls this morning and ended up driving downtown to see a surgery doctor there. He didn't think it looked infected, though he couldn't rule that out. He thought the pus I'd seen was likely from the blisters, which were likely an alergic reaction to the tap and window bandage. *sigh* Basically he said to go home and come back if it got worse, and don't use tape around the edge of the bandage.
I really, really hope he's right and it's not infected. I wonder, though, because it looks just like it did in the early days of the infection of hickman #1. And I feel like I felt with port #2 when I would see something wrong, but take him in and everything looked fine... So we'll see what comes of this.


No comments: