Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Crocheting for H's Bear


This weekend H was feeling sick. Cold/Asthma double attack that left her short of breath and feeling cuddly. (See previous post to know why we appreciate this!) I was tired of the chain reading I'd been doing, so I got out my crochet basket and worked on a baby blanket I'd started during D's last surgery. H asked if I could make a dress for her bear. That sounded infinitely more fun. Plus, she immediately spotted some yarn that I wasn't sure what in the world I would use it for. (Hand me down yarn, I love it!) Anyway, as you can see above, the dress worked up cute!

But then H started a landslide by asking "Can you make her some fancy pants?" (That's what we call shorts under dresses- we wouldn't want to be able to see the bear's bottom!). So I was able to whip those up (please note that I made a tail hole!) and that was followed quickly by some mary jane shoes and a fancy headband. H was so happy, and so was I! I love quick projects, and even more than that, I love projects that are appreciated!

Of course, G chimed in then, wanting a dress for her webkinz. She also picked some yarn I was wanting to use up - some bumpy bright green. That worked up really fast, because it's so thick. I only got the skirt made up - I need to dig through my closet and find the matching balls!

No comments: