Monday, September 24, 2007

More Thoughts & Updates on the Family

I reread my previous post and it sounded so sad and hopeless at the end. Overall I don't feel that way about life, or about H's situation. It is very... sad, I guess, or depressing, or disappointing that H is still so scared in so many situations, and about life in general. But she's also made great strides. I love those first moments in the morning when she's still sleepy and she crawls on to my lap and snuggles. I know she's learning to trust us. And I do pray for her all the time, and not without hope. I don't know how things will turn out for her in life, but I know we're helping her. :)

We had a nice relaxing weekend, and it was good for reflection. Things have been going well.

We don't see as much of J as we used to. He's got work, school, and friends, but he seems to be doing well. He got a great score on his psychology exam, and he seems to have his priorities in line, and that's reassuring.

Z is really enjoying karate. He's been doing a good job on his chores and homework and reading time, so that he can earn gameboy time. He'd play all day if we let him! He's really enjoying school, and even some things he struggled with last year seem to be coming easier to him. That's been fun.

H has picked up the reading skills she lost this summer. Her class started spelling tests! No way did I think she'd be able to do that, but so far our practice sessions are going ok. I'm impressed with her. She's a very determined little girl!

G is loving preschool. She's top dog there in her second year in the same classroom. She loves her teacher, and has been busy helping others learn how to care for the class pets (guinea pigs). She keeps telling me she needs a guinea pig at home, and I keep telling her I've picked up enough poop in my life and I'm not interested guinea pig poop thank you very much! :)

I'm still crocheting a LOT. I bought a "lot" of yarn on ebay and have been making some projects with it. I'll have to take some pictures and post them some time. There's a great yarn sale at Hobby Lobby this week, but I decided I need to make room in my yarn boxes before I bring more yarn into the house. :)

T is still enjoying the church band and working out at the gym he joined. The kids love the playroom there, so that's given me a little more time to myself.

Well, this week's project is overnight potty training for G, which means I have some pee sheets to wash. I'd better get on that!

No comments: