Thursday, October 25, 2007

Halloween dress AND my sweater!




I've gotten a lot of crafting done lately, and I wanted post some pictures. My nieces are wearing their Halloween dresses. I've started collecting material and shirts to make some Christmas dresses. I've also had an offer of someone wanting to take orders and/or sell dresses for me! I think I've decided that I don't want to get into the dress making business right now. But we'll see. If I can get a little faster I might consider it. It is fun, but mostly because I think of who is going to wear it as I make it.
And, finally, finally, I finished my sweater! It is everything I hoped it would turn out to be! Very soft and really warm. I've been wearing it to walk the kids to and from school and I love it!
I also finished crocheted bags for my mom and grandma, but since they will be Christmas gifts I am not showing pictures!
Other good news is our upcoming adoption date for H! We are very excited. I took her shopping and we bought and adoption day dress. She even agreed that G should have a matching dress. Now if I can get the boys to dress up (and me too) we should have quite a nice picture to remember the day by!
We're gearing up for G's birthday party on Saturday. We let her invite 5 friends, but I only know of one who is coming and one who is not. I wish the others would get back to me. G really wanted a pinata, so we have a pony pinata and party hats and plates and napkins. We kept the party time to an hour. So I expect kids to arrive, decorate treat bags, do the pinata, open gifts, eat cake, and go home. :) Let's hope it goes smoothly!

2 comments:

momma helen said...

What a BEAUTIFUL sweater! And it fits so well. I don't know how you do it. I couldn't knit a straight scarf, let alone something that would actually fit someone.

I'm a little envious of G's party. I LOOOVE birthdays, and I'm planning a Major Affair for C's 4th the day before we leave town. An hour with 5 or fewer kids sounds so reasonable...

C said...

Well, we've done Major Affairs before (like Z's pirate party complete with treasure hunt last year) and we're kind of burnt out on it. I tried to think of an alternative to a birthday party, but G was really excited about it. T suggested making it an hour, and suddenly the pressure was off and I was excited about it again. :) Good luck with C's party! (4!!!! wow!)