Monday, October 15, 2007

Frustration! And Rejoicing!

Everything about this adoption is taking SO long! I am so frustrated today. The latest thing? No one can find a copy of a paternity test for H. So, her father can't relinquish his rights to her if they don't have proof he's her father. WHAT? I took her for that test. Of course, *I* never saw the results. I'm just her fostermom, and I'm sure that's need to know information! But now, 3 ----

OK, I just read an incoming email... that problem is over! The social worker is taking the adoption packet to our lawyer! Oh. Wow. I can't believe it! I logged on ready to vent a bit, and now I'm almost shaking with happiness! Maybe, just maybe we'll be finalized before the end of the year! I know the social worker was aiming for November 17, National Adoption Day. Wow. This could really be happening!

No comments: