Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Finished Quilt!

I just realized that I never posted pictures of my (long finished) quilt.  So here goes.

 Above is a picture where you can see the backing fall leaves material and you can also see a bit of the stitch in the ditch type quilting I did.

This one shows off the cool stitching I used to tack down the binding.  You can't see it in the picture on the front, but you can on the back.

After I finished the fall quilt, I tried some free motion quilting with a blanket just made of two pieces of flannel.  You can see it below.


 The close up shows another cool stitching the binding down choice, along with my first attempts at free motion.  It was much more fun than it was pretty, but I'm up for another try!
 Just another detailed look.

I've put my good sewing machine away while I help the girls make curtains for their rooms.  This is turning out to require a lot more patience than I have.  I'll get some pictures of those projects next time we work on them.

No comments: