Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Masterwork: The Snowman Hat and Adoption Update


I think this is my masterwork to date. :) I made a winter hat for David that looks like... a snowman wearing a hat. He wore it on the walk to school on Monday and to and from Jazzercise and got tons of attention. It turned out really well!
Also, just a quick adoption update... we turned in physicals for T and I and for Z, H, and G. T and I were fingerprinted and already got clearance for that. Now the next steps are:
  • social worker updates homestudy we used for H's adoption last year
  • subsidy negotiation with the state
  • social worker submits our adoption packet to the state
  • the state approves the adoption
  • a court date is set
  • adoption in court

I'm guessing we'll be done by June. The stuff that's left isn't hard at all. It could probably be done in a week per step (except for scheduling the court date, that can take a couple months). However, everyone involved is very busy, so it wouldn't surprise me if it stretches out to June. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: