Saturday, April 5, 2008

Old News - Sewing Projects

I meant to put up these pictures a while ago and show off a night of sewing I did back in March. I'm very proud. D has outgrown some jammies we bought him, and I decided to cut the feet off. I did the blue striped pair first. Nothing fancy, kind of an unintentional lettuce edge around the bottoms of the legs. When I got to the green dino pair, I actually paused and switched to a matching thread color (I guess I got my 2nd wind, since this all happened after the kids were in bed!) I cut off the feet, and mourned the loss of the cute little paw prints on the bottom. But as I sewed up the leg holes, I had an idea, and ended up adding the paw prints to the body of the jammies. I guess this would have been more impressive with before and after pictures, but I wasn't planning on doing more cutting the feet off! :) I am pretty proud of how cute they turned out, though T says D looks like a peasant boy in them. He's right, but they are still cute. :)
After I was done with the pjs I was inspired. I pulled out a pair of jeans that G said she wouldn't wear because she explained, "I only wear fancy jeans, Mom" Sheesh. Still, I had a bag of ribbon handed down from my mom, so I pulled it out and went to town and came up with this:
I am so happy with the results! They are very cute, and it was very, very easy. This picture is of the front of the jeans, with the decorative pockets. There was one small detail I neglected, though... as it turns out, G hadn't worn the jeans in quite a while, and in that time she grew a few inches. Ooops! So she's got a totally cute pair of capris to wear, just in time for spring. That works for me!

No comments: