Sunday, March 16, 2008

We're connected again!

Our internet connection is back. Whew! I sure did miss it!
Things are settling down here at home with D. He's been healthy for about 2 weeks now. We're surviving spring break. (Well, kind of.)
Z is getting ready to celebrate his first communion. J is looking for a new job. H is struggling with some new anxieties, but doing well in therapy. T is off overtime!!! Hooray! G is just being G.
Right now the biggest thing at home is St. Patrick's day - or rather - Leprachauns! Leprachauns came to G's preschool on the last day before spring break last week. They turned over all the chairs in G's preschool room and turned the lights out! I talked to the kids about using their imaginations to make Leprachaun traps and they went wild! I had been planning to leave some leprachaun mayhem for them to find on Monday, but I didn't count on their imaginations providing it before then!
Ever since making the traps, the kids have been noticing their beds and toys are rearranged, and different than they left them. It has been so exciting here! The other night the leprachauns knocked G's pillow off her bed in the middle of the night! They messed up Z's trap, but weren't caught. All sorts of strange happenings. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens on the big day!

1 comment:

lavonnedettmers said...

Hi Carin!! I loved reading your blogs--you brought me to tears. Please feel free to email me or what ever if you want to talk. God is central in our lives as well these days. I might be a bit to much of a fundamentalist though--WELS & ELS don't ya know. But with God's grace it should all lead us to the same place! Keep your faith--you are a great example of what it means to live for Jesus.
Love,
Lavonne